Catholic Education Sandhurst Limited (CES Ltd) holds the care, safety and wellbeing of children and young people as a central and fundamental responsibility.
This includes promoting the inherent dignity of children and young people, and their fundamental right to be respected, nurtured and safeguarded by all.
The pdf CES Ltd Commitment Statement to Child Safety (228 KB) affirms our commitment to:
- embed a culture of ‘no tolerance’ for child abuse
- listen to and empower children and young people
- keep children and young people safe
CES Ltd is committed to child protection strategies and procedures to ensure the care, safety and protection of all children and young people in Catholic schools in the Diocese and safeguarding children and young people against sexual, physical, psychological and emotional abuse and/or neglect.
Victorian Child Safe Standards
CES Ltd is committed to the wellbeing and protection of all children and complying with Ministerial Order 1359 – Implementing the Child Safe Standards – Managing the risk of child abuse in schools and school boarding premises, and following the Victorian Child Safe Standards.
Child Safety also considers the diversity of all children, including (but not limited to) including Aboriginal children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, children with a disability, children who are unable to live at home, international students, and students of diverse sexuality.
Prevention and Response
Preventing and responding to child abuse requires a whole of community response to bring about broad cultural change. To this end, the Victorian Child Safe Standards apply to a broad range of organisations that provide services for children, including schools, churches, sporting clubs and youth services.
Ensuring we have child safe communities goes to the heart of our faith and core purpose. Therefore, we are dedicated to upholding the values and practices that create safe learning environments for students.
Reporting and Contacts
There are a number of supports available when responding to incidents, disclosures or suspicions of child abuse.
Catholic Education Sandhurst Limited (CES Ltd)
24 Hour Services
- Victoria Police: 000
- DHHS Child Protection: 131 278
- Australian Childhood Foundation: 1800 176 453
- BeyondBlue: 1300 224 636
- Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA): 1800 806 292
- Child Wise: 1300 CHILDWISE
- Commission for Children and Young People: 1300 782 978
- eHeadspace: 1800 650 890
- Kids First: (03) 9450 0900
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- MensLine Australia: 1300 787 978
- Office of the eSafety Commissioner: 1800 880 176
- Safe Steps: 1800 015 188
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
- Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA): (03) 9287 8800
- Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation: (03) 9411 9411
- 1800RESPECT: 1800 737 732
Child Safety Policies
- CES Ltd CHILD SAFETY POLICY Child Safety and Wellbeing (260522) - pdf Click Here (406 KB)
- CES Ltd CHILD SAFETY Code of Conduct (260522) - pdf Click Here (254 KB)
- CES Ltd CHILD SAFETY POLICY Engaging Families in Child Safety (260522) - pdf Click Here (265 KB)
- CES Ltd CHILD SAFETY POLICY Mandatory Reporting (260522) - pdf Click Here (289 KB)
- CES Ltd CHILD SAFETY POLICY Photographing, Filming and Recording (260522) - pdf Click Here (298 KB)
- CES Ltd CHILD SAFETY POLICY PROTECT Reporting & Responding Obligations (260522) - pdf Click Here (415 KB)
- CES Ltd CHILD SAFETY PROCEDURES PROTECT Reporting & Responding Obligations (260522) - pdf Click Here (424 KB)
Ministerial Order No. 1359: Implementing the Child Safe Standards – Managing the risk of child abuse in schools and school boarding premises